TELL ME MORE
Basket weaving is a craft as old as mankind. For millennia, folk have been binding and plaiting natural fibres, weaving vessels of all shapes and sizes for trading, storing and transporting goods in. Anthropologists have found evidence of basketry buried beneath the pyramids of ancient Egypt, and with the help of explorers who have roamed the world for centuries, different methods and styles of basket weaving have reached all corners of the globe. Camilla and Holly, co-founders of The Basket Room are continuing the journey, ensuring that daughters and granddaughters can continue their weaving tradition by benefiting from fair pay and dignified working conditions.
- Njano woven storage basket in Natural and Yellow.
- Handwoven in Kenya.
- Strong and durable design.
- Each size is sold separately
- Size XS, 11 x 15cm.
- Purchasing one of these plant hangers helps to support the livelihoods of the communities who produce them. In continuing to place new orders with our partner cooperatives in Bangladesh The Basket Room enable families to earn a fair wage locally, discouraging people from migrating to the overcrowded cities.
- Standard Delivery £3.95
- Free standard delivery over £95 (UK only) £0.00
- Click & collect in store Free
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item(s) to us in their original condition and packaging within 14 days of receipt, ensuring that you repackage the returns appropriately to prevent any damage occurring in transit.
Once your goods are accepted back into stock you will be issued with a refund within 7 working days.